Koriolis celebrated its fifth anniversary in 2015 with a thrilling concert at the Museum of Fine Arts in Ghent. But we are still a young and chamber choir from Ghent that wants to show an open view on the choir literature in consecutive concert programs. We want to be a bit unpredictable, just like the Coriolis force. That counterpower diverges straight lanes in rotating systems, and we gladly translate it into the choral world.
Koriolis performs two to three projects a year, with which we try to do one to two concerts each and every time. Would you like to know more about our operation? Read our Vision Text:
- Day: Wednesdays or weekends (especially on other weekdays)
- Hours: 19:30 to 22:30 (during the week)
- Location: Freinetschool De Sterrespits, Maaltebruggestraat 185, 9000 Gent.
Repetitions are not planned weekly, but are predetermined on the basis of the conductor's and singers' agenda. With ten rehearsals we usually perform a concert. We strive to put the majority of the rehearsals close to the concert so that work can be done intensively. This gives our singers the opportunity to study at home at the beginning of the project. The principle of 'homework' gives everyone in Koriolis the opportunity to enjoy his own rhythm at home and to enjoy music in the rehearsals.
Koriolis performs two to three projects a year, with which we try to do one to two concerts each and every time. We regularly look for motivated singers for our projects. Are you soprano, alt, tenor or bass and are you chanting to sing along?
The audition of Koriolis consists of two parts:
- A selection work: We would like to hear an aria or song of your own choice. You can count on piano guidance. Who can not invent a piece can join us for inspiration.
- An imposed work: this is a choir work, we like to hear your party. The piano will complement the remaining votes. You will receive this work a week before, so you can prepare it at home.
Send us an email: email@example.com
More info about our rehearsals.
More questions? Contact us.